Looking for an exciting position with an emo-social pioneer? In that case, we want to hear from you.
PR/Outreach Associate USA (working @ Pacific Time Zone business hours)
PR/Outreach Associate Asia (working @ Asian business hours)
Respectance is the place for people to come together to share their memories. Every life is special and everyone has their story to tell. With Respectance, family and friends join together to celebrate those lives and share those stories with photos, stories, music and videos.
Respectance is internationally-focused. With offices in Amsterdam, Krakow, Poland and formerly in San Francisco, we've coined the term "emo-social media" to reflect our approach. We believe that emotion in media is most powerful when there is relevance and connection. If you share our view, we'd like to hear from you.
The PR/Outreach Associate is part of Respectance's key editorial and outreach staff. This is a part-time role that includes working independent at the convenience of your own home, and at occasional networking or other representational events. Main role is to support the region and its users, and generate traction in the region (create Tributes, seeding etc).
Respectance is a free online memorial site which allows individuals to pay tribute to their loved ones, share memories (either publicly or privately) and connect with others. Respectance was created to celebrate those we love while ensuring a sense of shared history and purpose.
This role includes:
- Promoting Respectance both on and offline
- Executing traditional outreach, online community seeding and search engine marketing
- Working with the Community Manager to create a stewardship plan to engage elite users
- Writing articles/posts for daily publishing and email newsletter
- Developing features and in-site engagement tactics to help our members share their memories
- Supporting members by answering their questions and helping them engage actively in the community
- Keeping it real – be likable and capable. Respectance is your living room and we want something cosy and honest.
The right candidate:
- Keeps abreast of web 2.0 tools including social networking sites, blogs and relevant methodology for user-generated content and citizen journalism
- Is well-written and - ideally - has some professional PR/marketing training in at least English and Chinese
- Ideally has some guerilla/street marketing experience
- Has an excellent knowledge and understanding of culture, traditions and religion for his/her region when it comes to death.
- Has demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Is (or is quickly becoming) an active member of Respectance
If you're interested:
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use RESPECTANCE: PR/OUTREACH ASSOCIATE in your subject line):
1.Cover letter/note outlining how you would best engage existing members and gain new members (primary audience: Baby Boomers)
2.Resume showcasing your relevant experience
3. A link to a (full and interesting) Respectance tribute page
To be determined based on hours working, languages spoken, geographical area covering et cetera.
*No recruiters please.
**For more info on Respectance visit http://www.respectance.com/press/coverage
General Jobs Inquiries
We are always looking for talented new folks to join the team. Send us a note as to why you think you'd be a good addition. Or if you'd like an internship position in design, marketing or online outreach let us know.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Remember & Celebrate
Create the perfect online tribute
- Quick and easy setup
- Customize with backgrounds, colors, banners and music
- Share memories and condolences
- Monitor all visitor activity
- Select full privacy controls
With a Respectance memorial website, it's easy to remember and celebrate the lives of loved ones.